If you want to improve your training performance, then you have to improve your workout methods and also should take help of some monitoring equipment. These monitoring devices help you to track your activities during exercise and supercharge your performance. One of the best monitoring equipment is a Heart Rate Monitor.
The Heart Rate Monitor comes with or without a chest strap, and by considering latest technology and the comfort of the trainee, the strapless Heart Rate Monitor is a better choice than the one with straps. I have tested and used a few from the top listed heart rate monitors and from among them, the Garmin Forerunner 235 is my favorite. I am going to review it today.
The Garmin Forerunner 235 is a device that I personally recommend to my friends and family members. It is useful for both the casual and serious runners. It comes with an optical heart rate sensor and GPS to track your daily activity like steps, calories burnt, pace and distance during running, etc. It displays notifications on your Android or iOS devices by using the Garmin’s third party app – Connect IQ. It has a sleeker and comfortable design to wear. The waterproof feature makes it able to be worn during shower or swimming too.
Features of the Garmin Forerunner 235 Heart Rate Monitor Watch
It helps you to stay on your pace and tracks your personal record with a GPS based strapless heart rate monitor. Check the amazing features below:
- With the Garmin wrist heart rate monitor, it tracks your heart rate 24/7
- The physical size of Forerunner 235 is same as the previous version of Forerunner 225 but has a 40% bigger screen than that
- It displays the notification on your iOS and Android devices by using Garmin app – Connect IQ
- If you set the training mode, then the battery will last for up to 12 hours and if you set it to watch mode, then it will last for 12 weeks
- Check emails, messages, call alerts, reminders and much more on your smartphone by connecting it to the Forerunner 235
- The water-resistant design allows you to wear it during shower or swimming also
- The Russian GPS satellite alternative GLONASS helps in tracking your exact location in the areas where GPS is limited
- It can even measure the athletes’ VO2 Max
- It includes all the basic running features like auto lap, auto pause, workout intervals and tracking of your personal records
Having all such amazing features, you may think that the watch should be having a high price tag. But, amazingly it’s most attractive and an appealing feature is its price, which is just $329.99 on AMAZON (Only $30 more than the Forerunner 225). So, you will get more great value by spending a little more.
What the Garmin Forerunner 235 Heart Rate Monitor Lacks?
Everything has some dark side, and the Forerunner 235 can’t hide from it. The device may have a drop off in measuring your heart rate during interval running. It also can have some occasional problems with connection and synchronization with the Connect IQ app and may sometimes confuse to navigate accurately. It does not have a support for the Bluetooth sensors.
The Bottom Line
Don’t you think with such a price, it has more than enough features to make it the best to buy product? It offers the best value for both the casual and serious runners. If you want an all-in-one running watch and a fitness tracker, then the Garmin Forerunner 235 Heart Rate Monitor is the best choice for you.