If you are experiencing a shoddy network connection on your laptop or desktop, or you have to wait too long for the Netflix to buffer, then it is the time to buy a USB WiFi Adapter. Even if you have the best internal wireless card for your computer, due to they lack the function of an external antenna, they lack the same kind of reception which an external USB WiFi adapter has.
The amazing benefit of having a Best USB WiFi Adapter is, it receives the proper signal even when there are multiple obstacles like walls and floors between your computer and your router. It provides a reliable connection with less packet loss. As the days of dial-up, connections are gone and the new era of wireless networks has arrived, the use of the external adapters has been increased as well. If you have decided to upgrade your router and wireless network and looking to buy a USB WiFi Adapter, then you should check these below things first which will help you choosing a best USB WiFi adapter.
1) Look and Specifications: Don’t think that if two wireless network adapters have an identical look, then their functioning would be the same. On the other hand, you can’t think also that, if an adapter has one antenna and another has two antennas, then the second is the better option than the first. Check their specifications on the site or on the box and then decide for its quality.
2) Connection Ports: Check the connection ports on your laptop or desktop; whether they are USB 2.0 or USB 3.0. If your PC has USB 2.0 ports, then it can receive only 60 MB/s max speed, while USB 3.0 can achieve 640 MB/s. If you have connection plan that is below 60 MB/s or you have a router supporting 802.11n wireless standard which has a max speed of 56 MB/s, then this is not a real issue, but it is still an important factor to consider.
3) Protocols and Bandwidth: Check which wireless protocols are supported by the WiFi adapter (b/g/n/ac) and which type of USB ports it supports (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0). Check the band is uses, whether it is 5GHz or 2.4GHz. This will help you to choose a better USB WiFi adapter.
4) Area you have in your home or office: Look around your place like where you are placing the router and where your computer will be placed. If they have many obstacles like walls between them, then it is good to buy an adapter with 5GHz band. If you have more open surroundings, then 2.4GHz band will be enough for you.
5) Wireless Router you have: Check the capacity of your wireless router. If you have an 802.11ac wireless standard supporting router, then it is good to go for the USB WiFi adapter with the support to 802.11ac protocol. But, if you have USB 2.0 port on your PC and your router is not fast enough, then don’t flush your money on AC wireless adapter. For this situation, the Wireless N adapter will be a fine choice for you.
Keep in mind these things and you are good to go for choosing a best USB WiFi adapter. Verify the factor and specifications mentioned for the wireless adapter, look for the area in your home or office for putting the router and computer, the protocols your router and the network adapter support, the broadband plan you are going to use and then you are just a step far from having a Best USB WiFi adapter for your computer.