We know that the USB WiFi adapters are great for hooking up our local network wirelessly. Whether we use a laptop, desktop, or a smartphone, we need a reliable and faster internet network to do our online tasks. And the USB WiFi adapters are solid and an affordable solution for it. From a number of options to choose from various products of WiFi adapters, we will talk about the Linksys WUSB6300 Dual-Band AC1200 gaming wireless adapter. The WUSB6300 is the fastest USB WiFi adapter from Linksys till the date. It supports the wireless 802.11ac standard with dual band frequencies. Let’s check the review of Linksys WUSB6300 Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless Adapter and decide whether you should buy it or not.
Features and specifications of Linksys WUSB6300 WiFi Adapter
- It upgrades your computer or laptop’s local network to the wireless AC network
- It has dual band frequencies (867Mbps speed at 5GHz or 300Mbps at 2.4GHz)
- It supports 128-bit encryption and USB 3.0 technology
- It supports WPA-TKIP, WPS, WPA2, and WEP protocols
- It comes with a WPS button for an easy connection to your wireless router
- It allows you to enjoy faster video streaming and lag-free online gaming
- It comes with 2×2 MIMO integral antenna configuration
- The LEDs placed on it top show the connectivity and WPS activity of the adapter
- It supports Windows XP/7/8/10 Operating Systems
- It has an operating temperature of 0-40 °C and comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty
Performance and Other Observations
I have tested many 2×2 adapters with 3×3 routers, which in turn produced slower speeds compared to 3×3 adapters with 3×3 routers. But, the Linksys WUSB6300 is the only 2×2 WiFi adapter has braked that rule. It has provided superior performance with a reliable connection and faster speed compared to other categorized WiFi adapters.
At first, it looks like a typical USB WiFi Adapter. It comes in a black plastic case which interfaces with the USB 3.0 port of your PC. The WPS button creates an encrypted connection to your router and eliminates the need for manual configuration (the password is generated by the router itself). As WPS is not recommended for set up, you can disable it from the router’s settings.
Though the Linksys WUSB6300 provides a faster and reliable connection, during my tests I found that it has dropped the connection at a distance of nearly 30 feet at 2.4GHz band. It displays an enigmatic error message on the screen when it drops the connection. It does not have the bundled cradle or an extension cable for optimizing the network signal.
Overall, I personally recommend the Linksys WUSB6300 WiFi adapter for a reliable and faster network connection. It’s really ok if you have an another option for the connection at a 2.4GHz band, but if you are getting the 5GHZ, then this adapter is the absolutely having no competitor. Though there are some fixes the company should make in the upgraded version, the WUSB6300 WiFi adapter from Linksys is a good option to have considering the features and price it has.