Imagine you are working on some important project or presentation and at the time of final drafting, or at the time of printing you face the issue; an error showing on the screen like this – “The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable.” How will you feel at that time under lots of pressure? This error is most common with the components of MS Office. Unavailable active directory domain services mean that the system is unable to find and connect with the printer and so the process has been stopped and cannot go further.
I understand how annoying these kind of disturbances are when you are trying to complete important tasks. So here I am providing few simple steps so that you can sort out this issue by investing just a few minutes. Kindly follow the below steps to solve ‘the active domain service is unavailable’ problem and keep doing your work again without any hassle.
There are various methods, but first of all, you should start with simple troubleshoot, because most of the time only the basic troubleshooting can solve this issue.
- Window + W > Troubleshooting
- Click ‘View all’ > Printer
- Follow the instruction
2. Printer Drivers
Sometimes you may face this kind of problem because of some out of the date drivers. Scan the drivers to fix “The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable”.
3. Registry Editor
Give permissions to your Registry Editor. For that follow the given steps;
- Window + R > Type ‘Regedit’
- HKEY Current User > Software > Microsoft
- Windows NT > Current Version
- Devices, Printers, Windows (Right click) > Permissions
- Select User account > ‘ALLOW’ regarding ‘Full Control.’
- Click on ‘Apply’ > OK
- Close the Registry Editor
- Restart PC
- Unplug the Printer
- Reinstall the Printer
4. Accessing Permission
In case the problem is not resolving, try to add the printer again using the other working apps.
- Open MS Office
- File > Printer or Ctrl + P
- Select on ‘Find Printer’
- Follow the instructions and add printer
- Select printer from your network in case you are not working with the common Network printer
5. Print Spooler for the active directory domain services unavailable
- Windows + R > Type ‘Services.msc’ > OK
- Scroll down to Print Spooler
- Check the status ‘Running.’
- Check the Startup type ‘Automatic.’
- If ‘Running’ and ‘Automatic’ statuses are not as they should be, then right click on ‘Print Spooler.’
- Properties > Service Status: Running > Start
- If the status is already ‘Start’ then Stop it first and restart it again.
“The Active Domain Service is unavailable Windows 10” doesn’t occur if the printer is easily detected. In case you have a question why there are issues regarding MS Office only, one of the obvious causes is that the printer might be not allowed by the user permissions to be listed in MS Office. And just because of that the printers may not be detected. But the given solutions in this article can help you to fix your issues regarding this unavailability of active domain services.
I hope you find all of these useful and can work uninterrupted now onwards.